Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawing & Combining Pipes of different sizes

Good afternoon guys,

I am a student studying in Singapore and I am currently working on a project that requires me to do some analysis on steam pipes.

I have opted to use ansys to do my analysis on its thermal expansion but I am have met a few speed bumps along the way.

I have been trying to draw pipes using the below methodology:
    1) Draw lines
    2) Use cylinder function (Outer diameter)
    3) Shell the pipes (To get the wall thickness)

I found success with this method when I have a single sized pipe (currently using 12 inch) but my actual analysis actually requires the combination of 8 inch and 12 inch pipes.
    I am supposed to connect an 8 inch pipe to a 12 inch pipe through the use of a "tee" but am unable to replicate it in spaceclaim.

I also have to use a reducer to reduce the pipe from 12 inch to 8 inch on one of the sections of the pipe.

Could someone provide a method where I will be able to do the above?

Thank you for reading.

Hi, I'm having a hard time imagining what you're trying to do. Can you send a drawing?
    You want to connect two sizes with a "T"? Shouldn't you use an "L" connector? Or just a diameter reducer?

Comment

Hi, thanks for taking the time to respond.

As seen in the attached photo, I am having difficulty modeling in SpaceClaim the expander to change the pipe from one with diameter 8 inches to 12 inches, and also having difficulty combining different pipes.

Could you advice me on how to do this?

Comment

Working...
      X